Vacancy for Deputy Director
A2Justice is seeking an exceptional candidate to fill for the under-listed position. This position is based in the organization’s office in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja and will require occasional travel to, and short-residencies in Lagos.
Deputy Director (For a renewable 1 year period)
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, this person will oversee operations, planning and programmes, and co-provide strategic direction for the organization. The core responsibilities include:
• Providing oversight, supervision and guidance for programme staff;
• Developing and managing the organization’s relationships with diverse stakeholders,
• Coordinating projects, and ensuring that they achieve their objectives within scheduled timelines
• Participating in strategic planning and budgeting;
• Participating, as requested by the Executive Director, in development (fundraising) activities;
• Coordinate staff performance evaluations and create regular opportunities for appropriate professional development opportunities for staff
• Coordinating other actions as requested by the Executive Director
• Lead and/or supervise critical projects and organizational initiatives
• Work closely with Programme and administrative staff to ensure that all operational functions run smoothly
• Oversee the legal representation of causes in different courts.
The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking lawyer of at least 6 years post-call experience, with a deep understanding of the key issues and challenges in the administration of justice, human rights as well as the delivery of legal and judicial services in Nigeria. He or she should be passionate about the organization’s mission and vision, and committed to enhancing access to justice (particularly for poor people) and human rights in Nigeria. S/he will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to undertake effective fundraising and development activities without supervision. S/he must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks and satisfactorily meet deadlines and targetted outcomes. In the absence of the Director, s/he will assume overall responsibility for the work of the organization. Compensation is within the N2,700,000-N3,000,000 p/a range
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter and a minimum of two professional references, to email@example.com and should write "Deputy Director" .This organization is an equal opportunities employer and third party interventions are neither necessary nor welcome.
Through its Legal Access Programme, Access to Justice pursues remedies for victims of human rights violations, alongside working to create and instate procedures, Read More»
Our Legal Resource Programme (LRP) seeks to empower lawyers and Judges with international human rights resources that they can use to protect Read More»
Under JIIP, A2Justice works to defend and uphold the institutional integrity of the Nigerian justice system, expand capacity of the justice system to guarantee fair, Read More»
Agbado District Coroner commenced investigation into the killing of Azeez Omotosho.
NNPC pays N10 million damages to a pipeline fire victim
Nigerian Police pays 22 million naira damages to the family of a 3 years old girl killed by a police officer in Lagos
A2Justice Obtains compensation for Accident victims
Nigeria Police to pay N15 million damages to the family of Daniel Bisiriyu a victim of extra-judicial killing